Category - Early edison phonographs
This “Home” left the factory about December 1897, and represents one of the first “Homes” manufactured after production became more-or-less standardized around serial number #2000. It features a brass lipped mandrel and a nickeled tag on the crank identifying the National Phonograph Company. The “Emerson” reproducer clip is uncommonly encountered today, and was an early attempt to make reproducer/recorder exchange a quicker, easier operation. This “Home” is distinguished by an original 6-way listening rail.